Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trying on Pants...

So just a couple random thoughts before I go to bed...

*I've been needing some pants pretty badly for the past couple months, 2 pair of ok jeans are not cutting it. So I've been trying on at sooo many stores and it's not been that much fun. My body has changed a lot since pregnancy.
It used to be that the largest part of my lower half was my calf muscles. They were huge. *side note* One time I walked into a restaurant and was greeted by an old middle school friend who I hadn't seen in years. She said, "Helen Joy! I knew it was you because you walked in and I said to my friend, 'look at that girl, she has enormous calves!'." Anyhow...
It used to be that when I tried on pants, I could do it so fast, because usually if they fit over my big calves, they would fit the rest of me.

Now my biggest part isn't my calves, and so it takes twice as long.
I did manage to find some very nice pants which I'm excited about. Now Noah doesn't have to hear me wine every time we go somewhere I can't wear sweat pants, that I don't have anything to wear:-)

*I bought Barclay a Bumbo seat today. He loves it! I will definitely have to get some pictures of him in it. For a piece of foam and plastic, I thought it was a bit pricey, so I found one on Craigslist for less than half the price.

*I realized today, that right now, I'm doing what I've always wanted to do my whole life...I'm being a Mom! I'm so blessed to be in this time of life right now.

*So many people have written me to tell me how much they like reading my blog and it totally makes my day!

*I didn't clean my room today:-/ I tried on pants all day. So I HAVE to do it tomorrow.

*I realized my 4th anniversary is about three weeks away and I have no idea what we are going to do to celebrate. We usually go away for two days to relax, BE together ;-), and just have a mini honeymoon. I'm not sure if I'm ready to leave Barclay overnight, but I really want to give our marriage the celebration it deserves...Maybe one romantic night in Asheville?

*It is WEDDING SEASON and I'm completely swamped with business which is a great thing. I just need to make myself into a human creamery every waking chance I get so I can do these photo shoots. Hmmmm maybe an excuse not to clean my room...? Just kidding.

*Before I go to bed, I find random blogs to read...I mean totally random and add them to my google reader. That way, in the middle of the night when I'm nursing, I can browse through random peoples thoughts and lives on my blackberry. This has become crazy because I now have so many new friends who I don't even know! I call them my blog friends and Noah thinks I'm crazy.

OK, I HAVE to go to bed so I can save up energy to clean my room tomorrow:-)

1 comment:

  1. I can get you a good rate at the Crowne Plaza if you guys want to stay there! Some weekends they have shuttles that take you downtown and drive you back so you don't have to worry about parking downtown.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave one:-)