Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Roller Coaster

I have been on a roller coaster all day. We went in for the ultrasound and they basically told us our baby stopped growing five weeks ago and we would miscarry soon. I had to get blood work done just to confirm the pregnancy was over, but the midwife just called me and told me I had great hormone levels and she had no idea how to explain it.

Our ultrasound measured exactly as it did two weeks ago and there was no baby or baby to be seen. But according to my levels, there is a little bit of hope. I have to go in Thursday to see if my hormones have doubled. In a way, I just want it to be over so I can move on. But of course I want to hang on to that little glimmer of hope.

3 comments:

  1. Oh friend, I am so sorry. . . I will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart hurts for you, Helen Joy. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen Joy,
    I am so sorry that your ultrasound didn't go as you wanted today. I have been praying for you since you had your last one because a very similar thing happend to us in Dec. of 08. I knew I was 9 weeks and an ultrasound showed only 6 weeks. I knew it wasn't right. I had to wait a week...a very long roller coaster of a week! At ten weeks there was no more growth and our little one's heart had stopped. We lost that pregnancy, but God blessed us with our little Eliza a few weeks later. It was a stressful time, but now I am so thankful for her. Praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave one:-)