Monday, April 12, 2010

It's over...

This morning I woke up and just lay in bed pondering the events of this last week. A week ago I woke up knowing it was only 1 more day till I found out if for sure we were having twins. I worked hard all that day to distract myself, because the minutes were crawling by.
And here I was this morning waking up empty. I've had contractions for a couple days which I think are shrinking the uterus back to size. Either way it's a painful and constant reminder of my empty womb.
I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Because that would mean I've moved on. If I got out of bed, everything would be one more day removed from me. But I had to, Barclay was hungry, Noah had to get to work, my house was begging for a cleaning...
But now I realize that every day is one more day to the next day, and every new day brings new blessings from the Lord.
But oh how heartbreaking it is to move on.

2 comments:

  1. just thought I'd share... yes, those contractions are your uterus getting smaller again. I didn't notice any when I delivered Alina but both my boys I've actually spent the following 2 days in pain that's close to the level of the labor itself. It won't last long, but the stronger the contractions, the more quickly your uterus will heal ;-)

    I love you. I can't wait to meet your sweet babies when we get to heaven with them. I bet they make adorable angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hunny, I'm so sorry, but love your outlook on each day bringing blessings from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave one:-)