Monday, June 8, 2009

Gnocchi Stew

Someone that reads my blog (hi Dana!) suggested that I blog some recipes that I enjoy and I think it's a great idea! I will warn you that my recipes are not quite exact because I usually cook by eye, but I hope they make sense and that you enjoy them!

This recipe is a little bit spicy so beware! If you don't like spicy, just don't add the paprika

Gnocchi Stew:

-In a big pot, put enough olive oil so that it covers the bottom. Add about 2 tbs of butter to the oil. When that heats up, add a package of ground turkey (or it could be ground beef). Spread the meat out so it covers the bottom of the pan. Let it sit without stirring for about 5-10 minutes or until the meat is brown and almost looks burnt.
-In a separate pot , bowl and salt water. When it is boiling, add a package of gnocchi ( in the pasta section or it is at World Market)
Drain gnocchi after they rise to the top (about 5 minutes)
-Next add chopped: 1 large Red Bell Pepper
1 large onion
These should be loosely chopped.
-Mix veggies and meat together until they are softened a little bit.
-Next add 1 cup of veggie or chicken stock and 1 8oz can of tomato sauce. Mix this up.
-Add: chopped parsley and chives
and about 1 1/2 tbs of paprika and 1 1/2 tbs cumin
-Drop in gnocchi and stir in about 3 tbs of sour cream.

This stew is delicious the next day especially!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting!!! I do really enjoy reading your blog. its one of the highlights of my otherwise boring day at work. :) I know Noah through CIU, i dont know if you knew that or not. I am friends with the Meades, Bogerts, and the Weeds. I lived on the hall with Hannah, Bekah and Annie. I would love to actually meet you one day. I feel like I already know you so well through your blog! Look forward to more good stories and recipes!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave one:-)