Sunday, May 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home



I feel like I've been traveling for a month! I've been here and there and my suitcase seems to always be in the living room waiting for me to wash the clothes and pack it right back up again.
I do looove to travel, but with a baby, it just seems like it takes 10 times as long to do everything.

I was so excited to be able to drive with my mom to visit my sister who lives in Jacksonville, NC. Her husband is gone for 9 months to Iraq and we wanted to keep her company. She didn't know I was coming and didn't know I was bringing Barclay (who she hadn't seen since he was 2 weeks old). My mom dropped Barclay and I off at the top of her street and I put him in the stroller. So mom, Sarah Grace and the boys went and saw Katie Beth, and right when they were going inside, I showed up! It was a great surprise.

I LOVE being with my sisters and Mom. For one thing, we laugh all the time, we have so much fun even if it's cleaning or doing projects, plus I really feel like there are other people like me. I see where I get so many of my quirks. It's so nice and comfortable.
I had the most relaxing time with everyone. I felt like I could be myself and we just talked and talked and talked and laughed and laughed and laughed and cried and cried and cried. WONDERFUl!

Near the end of our wonderful time, I started getting homesick! Not only for my husband but for our lives together. Because although I love getting together with my "older" family, I've started a family of my own! We have our little quirks together and I missed them. Noah has truly made my life better and together we have created a family. I don't think I've ever quite realized this before.

Noah called me when we were driving home and told me that he missed Barclay soooo much...and me. It was so cute!

Isn't it amazing how God blends two people together to create a family?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so leave one:-)