Monday, March 15, 2010

Friends

I feel like I just have too many friends.
I know. How prideful does that sound?
But I do! I can't keep up with them, can't let them all know how special they are to me. I can't fit in dinners with everyone I want to see. It's just impossible. I'm a three friend type of girl. I like a few friends I can really invest in and really know and love. But I am finding myself at age 24 with about 30 women that I cannot not be friends with. Each one is special to my heart. But I can't let them all know. That's frustrating.
Friendships have changed for me a lot since I've had Barclay. Life is busy, there is no changing that. And the friends that I know will stick with me for the next couple of years are the friends who
a.Don't make me feel guilty. I hate when I finally call a friend and all I hear is, "You never call me, you never come see me, you don't, you don't, you don't..."
b.Who skip the awkward "regetting to know where you are at right now" part and get into some REAL stuff.
c.Someone who sometimes calls me, instead of me always calling them.

I think those are the things that make me LOVE someone all the more.

I'm frustrated right now with the dissolving of some friendships...but excited about new ones.

So if I'm your friend, and you haven't heard from me in a while...it's not because I don't care...it's because I don't have enough time to always show you. But I'm trying to be better at that.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you know that I have been thinking a lot about this very subject lately, and I am so glad that you have this outlet to share your thoughts and feelings. I love you, and I'm sorry that I don't show it more often. I'm trying to be better at doing that. Thank you for not making me feel bad about it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave one:-)