Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sweet Random Nothings in your Ear

I'm at that point where my brain is so overwhelmed with all the things I want to blog about, that I don't even want to blog anymore. So I'm just going to write...if it makes sense, GREAT:-), if not, just skip it.

*I've been thinking about Prayer a lot. Since I wrote that post last Monday, when they thought my Grandfather was going to die. I've realized how much I really do pray. I pray pretty much all day long.
I realized that I thank God and praise him probably more than I ask for things (which I think is good).
I pray for wisdom A LOT.
I pray for God to show His peace to people a lot.
That sort of stuff.

I guess I just have a problem with the big, black and white prayers. Especially since I believe in God's will. I don't try to change God's mind, because I know it's made up.

*The High Chair.

I know I keep talking about it:-) But I don't care!
I have pretty much made a thousand bad decisions about baby products this past year. A pregnant friend recently asked for a list of what they needed. I would better provide a list of what not to get.
Anyhow, I was fully prepared to fail again and buy something that wasn't practical or good.
But I didn't! I cannot tell you how practical and great this high chair is. It is a little smaller than most, but I think it's great because Barclay is right up next to the tray, which makes eating easier. It is REALLY heavy duty (I was worried it would be IKEA quality). I am almost positive this chair will last us through our many children I hope to have.
And the kicker...Barclay made a huge mess at dinner (probably because he was mad he couldn't wiggle out of this seat!). What used to take me about 5-7 minutes to clean. Took less than 10 seconds. Easy, fast...lovely!
I'm so happy and I want everyone to know:-)

*I realize that I have no idea how to write with out the smiley or sad faced emoticons :-) :-(

*I changed my blog to lime green because every time I signed in I realized how old those pictures were! I want to do something different, and simple but I seriously have no idea how to do it. Other than having it professionally done, any one have any easy web sites to point me to?

*There's something big in my life right now that I can't talk about. I'll talk about it soon hopefully but, It makes me have writers block because that's all that's on my mind.

*I sat in the bathtub for 40 minutes with Barclay and we blew bubbles. I can't wait till it's warm enough to do it outside.

*I had some pretty awful bubble mix. One out of every blow worked. I almost called customer service.

*Speaking of customer service. I've really started seeing the value in making sure I get what I pay for. I bought some Gap jeans this summer from a Gap outlet. They stretched so much from the time you put them on, to one hour later, that I could remove them without unzipping. I called customer service, and they sent me a free jeans coupon for any GAP jeans up to $80!
Today I took back some yoga pants to Old Navy that were terrible! I only washed them twice and they were falling apart. I paid full price for them! ($22) and was so disappointed! They gave me my money back even though I had no receipt.

*I think my husband may be a tad depressed. He works non stop and SO hard. He is constantly trying to be better (he's a realtor) and think ahead and reach his goals. I'm SO proud of him. He was the number one realtor in his office last year! But in real estate, there are just bad months. This has been a bad year so far. Not as far as possibilities but as far as things happening. There are so many things in the pipe line (thank the LORD!), but nothing is happening. It's discouraging and stressful. I hate to see him like this.

*Every day I have the same goals:
Get the Christmas tree off the front porch
Clean our Room
Exercise!
Redo my web site (for photography)

and the days come and go in one big blur.

*I'm sort of in mourning for the baby stage of Barclay's life. He's grown up SO much in the past 2 weeks and I feel like I've lost my baby...and gained a crazy toddler.

He doesn't want to be held ever! And if he does let me hold him, he sneakily bites my neck or arm.
He doesn't ever sit still and just snuggle.
What do I expect, he's an active, curious boy!

The thing that I keep going back to over and over throughout the day is how sad I am to be done breastfeeding. (Well it's been done for a while). I still try to see if he'll nurse and he'll have nothing to do with it. It breaks my heart that it's over. I hate not having that comforting, soothing bond with him. Especially now that he's walking, he falls and hurts himself several times a day. I have nothing to comfort him with like I used to.

Thankfully, I fully believe that God will bless me with more little ones, but I can't help but feel sad for an era gone by.

*I NEED TO GET MOVING. GET ACTIVE. Am I the only one who watches biggest loser and feels the need to eat more?

*I have the cutest baby in the world. I seriously can't believe how cute he is! I spend my days capturing these memories and storing them in my heart.

Thanks for listening! ( if you made it this far).

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing with Biggest Loser!!! ugh, what is that? makes me crazy....
    If I needed to get a high chair, that one seems great....
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave one:-)