Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk

This morning I took Barclay to the hospital one last time for testing on his tummy. I needed to bring a bottle of breast milk so they could put some stuff in it to track how he digested. I was way too tired last night and this morning to pump, so I did what every multitasking mom would do...I pumped on my drive up to Asheville. SO dangerous and so scandalous. I couldn't really cover very well and also couldn't do my blinker very well. I did, however, get it done:-)
They used most of the milk, but I did have about 2 oz left over. I know it's not a lot but that stuff is GOLD to me. So I carried it downstairs with me to the cafeteria in hopes that I would find a way to save it till I could get home.
Since I had an hour before he had to have his second scan, I got some coffee and grits at the cafeteria. I could not, for the life of me, find the cream for my coffee, so I sat down and tried to drink it with just sugar. Yuck. Then I noticed something...a coincidence?
This is what I saw...


Don't worry! I did not do what you think I did. Although I was very tempted!
I ended up giving the bus boy that cleans the trays a nice different surprise by sending down the assembly line...


I do have to tell the story of my mother, and if you are a friend of mine, you've probably already heard it...a couple hundred times. But I just have to share it on my blog.
When my mother was breast feeding me, she pumped some milk and stuck it in the fridge where we were staying at my Dad's parents house. One morning she woke up to the whole extended family eating french toast in the dining room. My mother went to the fridge to find the milk...and it was no where to be found.
"Mother (she said this to my Grandmother), where is my milk?"
My Grandmother giggled and pointed to the dining room. "I ran out so I used it to make French Toast for the family. Look how much they are enjoying it!"
And indeed they were...
My poor mom was horrified!
BUT it makes a great shocking story to tell:-)

5 comments:

  1. Loved this post! Needed a smile at 11 pm tonight. I may never eat french toast without thinking of your mom though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! can you imagine!!! Did anyone tell them? ugh!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha!!! =) Sounds like something my mother-in-law would do.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave one:-)