Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Greek Veggie Dip-A cousin to Hummus

My mom fed me A LOT of hummus growing up. So much, in fact, that I haven't really wanted to touch the stuff for years. It makes me sad because it's so good for you and filling and easy to make...but I just can't do it.

This is a cousin to hummus but different enough that I can eat it.


Blend 1 cup chickpeas drained
1 cup of artichoke hearts drained
1/2 cup light mayo-OR 1/2 cup yogurt
3 TBS grated Parmesan
2 TBS lemon juice
2 clove garlic crushed
Pinch of salt
Pinch of chili powder
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of Onion powder
I also added dill for my own person taste.

The only only thing I don't love about this is the knowledge that there is mayo in it. Not a huge fan. Although I can't taste it and if I had been given this would have never have guessed it was in there.
I think next time I will use yogurt instead.

1 comment:

  1. Hubs has literally been eating this non-stop since I made it last night! (I mean, dinner, lunch, and still eating it..) We love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave one:-)