Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can't Beet That!-Pancakes

From Deceptively Delicious:

I've never before cooked a beet...nor have I ever eaten one. I had some leftover ricotta cheese from Christmas so I thought I'd try this recipe called Pink Pancakes:

Make beet puree. Just wash beets, cut stems off, and wrap in tin foil. Then bake at 400 for 1 hour. Peel and blend in food processor.
I froze a couple little baggies of them so I didn't have to cook them again for a while.
(and for some reason my beets were not red, they were orange...So I guess my pancakes were "orange pancakes)

Blend 1 cup of beet puree.
1 cupe of ricotta cheese
1/2 cup of grated apple (apples are so easy to grate!)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of water
2 cups of pancake mix. ( I LOVE Aunt Jemima Whole Wheat Pancake mix)

Then make pancakes:-)


Seriously delicious. Like the best pancake I've ever tasted. Barclay loved them too. He hate a whole one. AND, I made 4 batches to freeze for easy gourmet breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so leave one:-)