Thursday, August 20, 2009

the day after...

It's been one of those days...
The day after...
The day after something big.
I don't do too well on these days usually. I crash and burn.
Today is one of those days where I don't know how I feel. I feel like it would take a lot of soul searching, crying, and writing to figure it out.

So here I am. I've been editing pictures with Pandora on a Christian Radio Station, this is something that encourages me and makes me cry.every.time.

I had a good friend have a baby yesterday. I don't know what it is, but I cannot stop crying every single time I think about it. I think it is because I'm an empathetic person (well that's an understatement). I am reliving the joy of those first moments of motherhood with her.

I feel like I'm also realizing that I will never again have that first, new experience again. Such is life...fleeting moments. I'm realizing that one of the joys of Heaven is that our moments will be eternal.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you feel so deeply. I KNOW its tiring but who better to share a special moment that means so much? Trust me though, your next baby will be super special too. Not your first baby special, but our second baby, best friend for barclay, the one that makes you a family four special.

    Only God can create a life and there is something sooo Amazing and Beautiful and Awesome about a life enter the world. Definatley worth crying over. For days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you HJ!
    -Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen Joy,
    I have so enjoyed visiting your blog. You are just so real and I love that! Come by for a cup of coffee, meet my little ones, and we'll just chit-chat the afternoon away. ;)

    I have 5 living children ages 11 on down. I know what it's like to want another, yet be totally overwhelmed by the one you have. It wasn't all that long ago that I was you.

    Again, your honesty is just beautiful(as are your photographs!) Thanks for your candidness...it did this mama's heart good.
    Many blessings,
    Amy @ Raising Arrows

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave one:-)