Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I know it's a little early for me to be talking about the potential of another baby or not.

It's funny because all my life I've wanted a lot of children. I was thinking 5 or 6. But with the kind of pregnancies I have, I have really be convinced that maybe it's a selfish thing for me to want another baby. Because it would mean me being almost totally out of commission for 10 months. That means a lot of stress for my husband and family. That means 1o months of not getting to fully invest in my boys lives. Plus, God has given me so much contentment with my two boys. I would have never thought I'd be the mom of just two boys! But now it seems right.

I'm not saying we're done for sure...but I am going to be selling my maternity clothes on craigslist and giving away 99% of outgrown baby clothes.

Adoption is definitely a possibility and I'm not closing the door to God's will for us to have another one of our own, but for now I am letting go of baby things as they are outgrown and enjoy this now time and most of all enjoying feeling good instead of terrible:-)


1 comment:

  1. I've been at that cross road. Also wanted more children. My first born came 7 weeks early: 3lbs! found out with 2nd, contracting too early-- meds and bed rest; not a good life for a toddler and rest of family--plus 1st born spent weeks in NICU. God had blessed me with 2 precious children to raise and a family to mother! Seek Gods wisdom and ONLY his answer. Sooo many are ready for adoption, foster care . . . May your blessings be abundant!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave one:-)