Thursday, July 28, 2011

Loosing it...again

Don't worry, between my last "loosing it" post and today's "loosing it post", I have "found it" and have had some sane moments.

I think I'm dying. I seriously think I might just keel over and die tomorrow. I have been trying for a week to suck it up and get Sullivan out of our bed and sleeping through the night. He is a big boy, he doesn't need to be eating 3-4 times a night. Every night Noah spreads out more and snores more and I am fighting him all night to even make space for me, must lest (is that a word? I actually don't know) our son. I just want to SLEEP. I need to sleep! So for the past week I've been letting Sullivan cry it out. I cave about an hour in but it involves me being out of bed a lot during the night. And mr Barclay has been crying and waking up with nightmares, falling out of bed, sleeping talking really loud. I might as well not even sleep because 10 minutes here and there is seriously killing me.

Today I was talking our pastor and my sister and I had to put ice on my eyes in order to keep from falling asleep. I tried to nap when they napped today but the unfortunate thing is the second I laid down to nap, one woke up, the second I got the other one down to nap, the other woke up.

Sorry, just had to type this out. I went to be at 10:30. Between that and 1 am, I have been up 10 times!!!! I haven't nursed the baby at all, but I have had to comfort and get a paci and put a toddler back in bed, and pat a back and roll my husband to his side of the bed and I think I've begged him to stop snoring like 11 times. We don't have a guest room or you better believe I'd be sleeping there tonight.

Someone up this much deserve a whole new meal.

So Dear Boys,
Mama's going to loose it unless you two start sleeping and stop crying.

4 comments:

  1. Mike sleeps on the couch about two nights a week. I miss him, but it sure is nice having the bed to myself!

    We had to do that with Debby, too, although now she is teething and back to getting up twice a night because her mouth hurts so she just can't nurse long enough. . .

    BUT when we did the sleep training, we went cold turkey. I didn't go in and give her her paci or anything. It was a hard 3 nights, but after that she slept the whole night from 7:30pm until 6:30am. I also found that if I didn't put her to bed at night as soon as she was tired, she had a harder time the whole night.

    So maybe try putting the boys to bed a little earlier?

    I feel for you, friend. I was right there about a month ago and I wanted to die. I just encourage you to call out to Jesus in those times. He is more than able to carry your burden for you, and give you the strength that you need. He sovereignly declares the sleep you will get each night, and can give you the strength to make it through the next day however little you get it.

    I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you HJ. Our issue isn't the girls waking up a lot during the night, it's a matter of getting them to bed in the first place. They played in their beds for over 2 hours last night and it was after 10 p.m. when they went to sleep. Back up before 7 a.m. this morning and you can imagine how cranky and tired they were. Which made for a breakdown from all 3 of us before we were even out the door!

    I hope that you're able to get some sleep soon. I know how awful it is to be sleep deprived. Hang in there! You're doing a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! This post brings back horrible memories from 2 summers ago when I would go to the grocery store and look at other women and get jealous of them. Not b/c they had on makeup and looked pretty, but because they looked RESTED! When Joseph was 9 months old and still waking up every 2 to 3 hours, we decided to let him cry it out. We decided to put him down at 7 and not go in again until 7am. It sounds cruel, but I was at my wits end and I had to do it. I put in ear plugs, closed his door and closed my door and PRAYED!! I'm not sure how much he cried because I knew if I listened to it, I'd cave, but after 3 or 4 nights, I took out the ear plugs. He'd still wake up and cry, but not for long. We kept the rule to not go in at night and it helped SO MUCH! Once he was sleeping through the night consistently, I would go in if he woke (to check to make sure he didn't have a fever), but if he was okay, I'd let him cry. I hope this helps! Just know that others have been there, too - you are not the only one!! It's so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! I totally understand your need for sleep. With 2 young boys, you either need to sleep, or you will have a nervous breakdown!

    By the way, just letting you know that the verb lose takes only one o. The adjective (the shirt is too loose) takes 2.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave one:-)